The 3DEXPERIENCE® business experience platform: Bringing all leading brands of Dassault Systèmes software such a CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, under one umbrella to provide powerful ROLE BASED solutions for every organization in your company – from marketing to sales to engineering with a single, easy-to-use interface. 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers industry-leading applications for Design & Engineering, Manufacturing & Production, Simulation, Governance & Lifecycle, 3D Design Experience for Professionals, as well as a broad catalog of services.
It also provides the following OUT OF THE BOX CAPABILITIES no matter which Role you buy.
- 3DSpace - Simplified, powerful management of data and content
- 3DPlay - Share 3D views and play 3D scenes
- 3DSearch – Powerful EXALEAD search Collect and find structured and unstructured data
- 6WTags - Intelligent, structured, and fast tagging system for refining searches
- 3DCompass - Unified access to all applications including 3rd party apps
CATIA Mechanical Designer role allows the users to create and complete advanced mechanical products and parts, from conceptual to detailed phases. To that end, the most comprehensive process coverage is available, including part design, assembly creation, mechanism motion, 3D mock-up review and drawing generation. Thanks to the complete integration within the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, It is possible to share modifications at the object level and work concurrently in teams on the same product. And to accelerate the design process, users also benefit from all CATIA modeler capabilities, including direct modeling technology, functional design, advanced feature-based approach, and knowledgeware design automation.
A powerful set of applications built to allow the creation and management of sophisticated mechanical projects.
- Real-time collaboration
- Conceptual design
- Assembly & kinematics
- Unified user interface
- Product review
- Knowledge design automation
- Associative Drawings
- Detailed Design
CATIA MECHANICAL & SHAPE DESIGNER
CATIA Mechanical & Shape Designer role allows the users to create and complete highly complex mechanical products and parts, from conceptual to detailed phases. To that end, the most comprehensive process coverage is available, including high-quality surface & part design, assembly creation, mechanism motion, 3D mock-up review and drawing generation. Create and manage the design of sophisticated mechanical projects, including advanced surface design.
- Advanced Surface Design: Enrich mechanical products with sophisticated & high-quality shapes
- Real-time collaboration: work in parallel and exchange through 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Conceptual design: use 2D or 3D techniques to create a workable concept for detailed design
- Assembly & kinematics: Design and animate complex kinematic mechanisms
- Detailed Design: Accelerate detailed design of the rough parts and check the feasibility to ensure the manufacturing requirements
- Unified user interface: Accelerate your design with natural manipulations and contextual interactions
- Product review: Detect and track interferences, check the weight distribution and analyze the digital mock-up with relevant engineering data
- Knowledge design automation: Capitalize on your assets, capture modeling methodologies and reuse associative templates
- Associative Drawings: Generate associative layouts with multi-views, dimensions, and associated bill of materials
The Sheet Metal Designer role offers an intuitive and flexible user interface. It provides an associative feature-based modeling, making it possible to design sheet metal representations in concurrent engineering between the unfolded or folded 3D shape representations. Accelerate the complete sheetmetal process from design to manufacturing.
- Reduces design and manufacturing errors thanks to process oriented sheet metal features
- Cuts tooling design thanks to dedicated manufacturing preparation functions
- Cuts design modifications capitalizing IP and applying automated design and check rules
- Reduces Decision Times using concurrent engineering delivered by the single platform
ROBOTICS SIMULATION ENGINEER
Robotics Simulation Engineer provides an interactive 3D environment where Simulation Engineers can create, simulate and validate the entire robot workcell for any industry.
Robot Simulation Engineer can position resources, simulate robots, create robot trajectories, and create a complete workcell sequence. They can define, validate, and optimize robotic processes and setups prior to delivery to the shop floor. Robot Simulation Engineer provides a comprehensive set of tools to manage robot processes, tooling and simulations. Advanced robotic applications which utilize a workpiece positioner or a fixed tool center point are supported in this comprehensive solution.
- Optimize trajectories
- Supports advanced logic and I/O in the simulation
- Create swept volume from the robot motion
ROBOTICS SPOT SIMULATION ENGINEER
Robotics Spot Simulation Engineer provides an interactive 3D environment, where Simulation Engineers can create, simulate and validate an entire robot Spot welding or drill & riveting workcell for any manufacturing industry.Robotics Spot Simulation Engineer provides a comprehensive set of tools to manage robot processes, tooling and simulations. Advanced robotic applications which utilize a workpiece positioner or a fixed tool center point are supported in this comprehensive simulation solution. Simulation Engineers can position resources, simulate robots, create robot trajectories, and create a complete workcell sequence. They can define, validate, and optimize robotic spot welding and drill & riveting processes and setups prior to delivery to the shop floor.
- Simulate multiple coordinated robots
- Support advanced logic in device programs
- Simulate multiple coordinated robots
ROBOTICS ARC WELDING SIMULATION ENGINEER
Robotics Arc Welding Simulation Engineer provides an interactive 3D environment, where Simulation Engineers can create, simulate and validate an entire robotic arc welding workcell for any manufacturing industry.
With Robotics Arc Welding Simulation Engineer, Simulation Engineers can create, simulate and validate an entire robotic arc welding workcell for any manufacturing industry. Simulation Engineers can position resources, simulate robots, create robot trajectories, and create a complete workcell sequence between robots and other devices. They can define, validate, and optimize robotic arc welding processes and setups prior to delivery to the shop floor.
- Weld quality assurance
- Generate and modify geometry-based arc weld trajectories
- Optimize trajectories
MOLD & TOOLING DESIGNER
Mold tooling injection designers need to quickly design a tool based on their know-how. In addition, they need to ensure wall thickness uniformity and proper cooling of plastic parts and address issues such as shrinkage and mold removal. Product quality depends on mold design accuracy, so they can benefit greatly from a tool that specifically covers these processes.
Mold and Tooling Designer role specifically addresses the needs of Injection Mold Tooling designers. A predefined Layout allows users to insert and manage several Inserts in a positioned Mold Base, which greatly enhances productivity. It also features a dedicated Live command that fits the dimensions of the tool to the prints. Standard plastic mold bases coming from suppliers (DME, HASCO, FUTABA, etc.) are created in one-shot by selecting the recommended configuration.
A powerful process-oriented set of applications for the creation and validation of detailed mold tooling products, capitalizing on engineering know-how:
- Conceptual design for bidding process including accurate pulling direction and wall thickness analysis, placeholder for ejectors and cooling systems
- Anticipate and check manufacturing compliance with plastic injection simulation integrated in the environment of the mold designer
- Extract parting lines and parting surfaces in dedicated features providing a unique design change automation.
- Re-use complex mechanical systems for earlier kinematics validation
- Re-use company know-how captured in smart components
- Catalogs of standard Moldbases equipped with smart components from most of the mold tooling suppliers
- Seamless 3D Electrode design
PLASTIC MECHANICAL DESIGNER
Designing and creating molded parts requires a fast and flexible solution based on cutting-edge technology, so you have time to keep up-to-date with the latest design market trends and stay ahead of the competition. CATIA Plastic Mechanical Designer delivers ultra-fast functional modeling for unmatched productivity and flexibility to address the complete design-to-manufacturing preparation process of molded parts. It responds to the needs of companies that require an optimal method for dealing with changes throughout the product lifecycle.
A comprehensive set of applications to create manufacturing-ready molded parts, using ultra-fast functional modeling technology:
- Designs always respect manufacturability properties like constant thickness, parting elements, pulling direction and draft angles.
- All features whether applied at the beginning or the end, constantly interact with the design’s topology.
- Complex plastic part features like grills, ribs, reinforcements and bosses can be created quickly using dedicated commands.
- Apply know-how rules to ensure the best technological and design-for-manufacturing practices.
- Plastic filling simulation is available out of the box which allows you to address manufacturing concerns like fill times, flow restrictions, air entrapments, weld lines, etc. in the design phase itself.